Legal Counsel- Commercial & Data Privacy
- Thomson LRC
- Uxbridge, London/ Hybrid-Working
- £Excellent + Benefit
- 18 Mar 2023
- 15 Apr 2023
- Job Title
- In House Counsel
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Data Protection, Information Technology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An exciting Legal Counsel opportunity has arisen within the UK & Ireland Legal team of a major global workforce solutions business due to growth, diversification and digitisatio. As a Legal Counsel, you will play a vital role in this journey by being a true business partner and providing high quality, forward-thinking and practical legal support to key lines of the business. The role is full time and will report into the UK&I Legal Director.
- Providing timely, practical and commercially-focussed legal advice and support to key lines of business.
- Negotiating, drafting and supporting on the data and technology aspects of a broad range of customer and supplier agreements, which could include recruitment services, IT services and HMG/regulatory frameworks.
- Identifying and articulating legal risks and issues around the use of data and technology in a recruitment context, and working with key stakeholders to help the business assess and manage the same.
- Translating current trends and challenges in workforce solutions into a legal context and supporting the business accordingly.
- Working to a mindset of being an integrated, “trusted adviser” to the business, and offering an appropriate balance of reactive and proactive legal support.
- Working closely with the business sales and operations teams, as well as other Business Support teams, as required, to ensure a strong understanding of requirements.
- Provide support to the Legal Director.
- Working closely with, and contributing to, the wider legal function, through participating in knowledge sharing initiatives and being able to leverage and offer capability and collaboration.
- 5+ PQE qualified solicitor in England and Wales with experience either in private practice or an in-house legal team environment.
- Excellent understanding of the laws relating to technology, data privacy and information security;
- Knowledge of the recruitment sector would be helpful but not essential.
- Self-starter with a proactive, collaborative can-do approach.
- Excellent analytical skills, commercial judgment and attention to detail.
- Professional and approachable.
- Competitive salary. Generous & flexible company benefits.
- Work within a global organisation who, has been named the most ethical for 12 years running. Remote hybrid working and flexible hours available.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please click on the apply button or contact Thomson Legal directly for further information.
Apply for Legal Counsel- Commercial & Data Privacy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly