Catastrophic Injury Solicitor
- England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits
- 20 Mar 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Tony Seymour
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Insurance, Personal Injury, Personal Injury / Medical Negligence
- Contract Type
- Full Time
New team - Catastrophic Injury / Large Loss - Mix of RTA and EL/PL - Manchester
Catastrophic Injury Solicitor - Manchester
Catastrophic Injury Solicitor or Legal Executive or experienced Paralegal - A new team driven by two recently appointed Partners is looking to attract a talented lawyer to work closely with them on this new initiative. The team deals exclusively with catastrophic injury / large loss work for a new client of the firm. The role offers excellent exposure and development and promises to be a fantastic opportunity.
- Job Title: Solicitor or Legal Executive
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous Experience: The ideal candidate would be around 2 PQE+ with experience of handling complex multi-track or catastrophic injury work whether a solicitor or legal executive or experienced paralegal. Hiring managers also ready to consider NQ solicitors depending on their background. See below.
Complex injury arising mostly from RTA with growing number of EL/PL cases
This is all quality complex injury work arising from both RTA and EL/PL matters. For now, the work is more weighted towards RTA. As the offering develops, however, the Partners expect and increased flow of EL/PL. In particular, work will range from:
- Head and spinal injuries;
- Serious orthopaedic injuries;
- severe psychiatric injury.
Play impactful role in new team
One of the most exciting aspects of this role is the opportunity to join right at the start of the team's growth. You will be working directly with two experienced Partners as they establish this department. The successful applicant will be supporting them on a range of complex injury matters whilst also helping to nurture the relationship with the client.
The role also offers the opportunity to be involved in business development as well as other client initiatives. Anyone joining the team will be involved in all aspects of the department whilst benefitting from the security and support of working for an established and highly regarded law firm.
Who they are looking for
The hiring managers are considering candidates across a broad range of experience. Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience of catastrophic or, at least, complex multi-track. As a guide, they are looking for a:
- Qualified solicitor - ideally with around 2 PQE+. However, they have expressed a willingness to consider candidates as early in their careers as 0 PQE, provided they can demonstrate other experience such as paralegal experience in a complex injury team before starting their training contract; or
- Qualified Legal Executive - similar to above. A Legal Executive with roughly 2 years or more complex injury experience or with proven paralegal experience leading up to qualification; or
- Experienced Paralegal - perhaps you are not qualified as either a Solicitor or Legal Executive, but have demonstrable experience handling complex injury work. Then we would still like to hear from you.
This is an incredibly exciting and rare opportunity to join a team as it develops its offering and grows within this established 'top tier' law firm.
If you would like to find out more, please don't hesitate to apply for more information.