- Ortus Group
- Central London
- This law firm pay above industry standard for Associates at this level
- 20 Mar 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Company / Commercial, Intellectual Property
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Title - Commercial Associate
Experience - 1-3 year PQE
Ortus Group is leading mid-tier law firm located in central London. The Commercial team serves a wide range of UK and international clients (ranging from start-ups to large multinationals, and including individuals) across a number of industry sectors, including manufacturing, tech, media, sports, fashion and financial services (including blockchain and fintech) amongst many others. It has expertise in handling a range of commercial matters, including data protection and privacy, intellectual property and commercial contracts.
The firm now need to recruit an ambitious Commercial Associate will support the Commercial Team and actively assist in developing the practice by occasionally working on your own files, and with others on larger cases and transactions. In accordance with the general practice of the firm, you will have ample operational independence, professional responsibility and client contact, but will also benefit from constant support and encouragement from other members of the department, at all levels, including supervision from highly experienced partners, ready access to an excellent secretary, and the opportunity to delegate work to and secure support from a trainee.
The department’s culture is a very supportive one and there is an emphasis on a high level of professionalism and encouragement of members of the department to develop their potential and to raise the firm's profile for its commercial work. The Commercial Team is forward thinking, progressive, innovative, and ambitious. It expects all members to contribute to business development, knowledge management and the pursuit of operational excellence and efficiency, while never losing sight of the importance of having fun.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to:
- demonstrate a high degree of technical competence in all areas of commercial law
- think commercially, to ask the right questions and understand what is important on a proposed deal
- where necessary, to think creatively to find solutions for clients
- draft contracts to a high standard (whether using precedents or otherwise) including T&Cs and commercial contracts
- Be a team player
- Have ambitions to progress your own career
To find out more this Commercial Associate role please don’t hesitate to get in touch by email or phone. Dan Sill, Ortus Group.