- England, Greater Manchester, City Of Manchester
- £55000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
- 20 Mar 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Tony Seymour
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Company / Commercial, Procurement
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Commercial Solicitor - Associate or Senior Associate - £55,000 +
Commercial Associate or Senior Associate - Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle
Commercial Associate / Senior Associate - Top commercial team looking to recruit a talented commercial lawyer, ideally with procurement experience to strengthen the practice area's offering particularly to public sector clients where the firm has seen significant growth.
- Job title: Commercial Solicitor (Associate or Senior Associate)
- Location: Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle
- Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
- Working pattern - Excellent hybrid working pattern
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous Experience: Our client is looking to recruit at two key levels: 1) Experienced solicitor of 3 PQE+ with strong procurement experience; 2) talented commercial solicitors of approx. 1 PQE+ with a keen interest in developing a career in public sector commercial work.
Award-winning team with fantastic reputation
This is a nationally recognised team responsible for cutting edge, impactful work, not-to-mention excellent opportunities to progress. Successful candidates will work on central and local government initiatives for a number of key Partners across the firm with the freedom to specialise and develop their career. They will also advise well-known private sector organisations who operate in the public sector. The firm has garnered a reputation for handling some of the highest level 'big ticket' commercial project work. Recent examples include:
- advising central government on major outsourcing project worth in excess of £2bn - one of largest in history;
- procurement project involving 250 contracts worth around £650m;
- Major IT / tech infrastructure project as part of national review and overhaul of services.
High quality public sector work
The public sector team has seen significant growth in recent years. The department has won a number of key tenders especially central government tenders which have resulted in a pipeline of exciting commercial projects.
As a result, our client is embarking on a significant recruitment drive to strengthen the team and is keen to speak with talented commercial lawyers from approximately 2 PQE+.
The salary on offer is designed to be competitive. However, should your expectations exceed the parameters mentioned above, we would still welcome a discussion as the Partners heave made it clear there is scope for negotiation. Benefits include:
- Private medical insurance
- Medical health checks
- Life assurance
- Annual leave and Holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible / hybrid working
- suite of lifestyle benefits designed to enhance your package and be tailored to you
Working environment and culture
There is a real commitment to inclusivity and generating a culture which revolves around people rather than billable hours and targets. This commitment is something which is also recognised by clients and is a significant part of the team's success. The team operates a fantastic, hybrid working pattern which offers you the ability to do great work within a flexible working environment.
If you are interested in finding out more, please don't hesitate to apply.