- England, Greater Manchester, City Of Manchester
- £55000 - £75000 per annum + benefits
- 20 Mar 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Tony Seymour
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Commercial Contracts, Company / Commercial, Energy
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Commercial Solicitor - Commercial Projects - Renewable Energy
Commercial Projects Solicitor - Renewable Energy - Manchester / Leeds / Liverpool
Commercial Projects Solicitor / Associate / Senior Associate - This is a hugely exciting role to work with the growing renewable energy team of this leading law firm. The firm advise on significant nuclear, solar, hydro, biomass and wind projects as well as other low carbon initiatives and are looking for a gifted and ambitious commercial lawyer to join the team.
- Job title: Solicitor / Associate / Senior Associate
- Location: Manchester / Liverpool / Leeds
- Salary: £Excellent
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous Experience: Previous experience of non-contentious commercial projects work would be an advantage, but this is by no means necessary. The team is equally interested in hearing from general commercial contracts lawyers who are looking to gain experience in the renewable energy sector.
Fantastic mix of public and private sector clients
Our client advises on all aspects of renewable energy projects and is led by one of the leading energy lawyers in the UK. Working with public and private sector clients as well as financiers and sponsors, the team brings some of the most innovative and impactful initiatives into being.
These are often large, complex and far-reaching projects necessitating the need to work with colleagues in project finance and construction and engineering so excellent communication and team working skills are a must.
Overview of recent work
The nature of the work undertaken by the team is vast and involves all facets of renewable energy including nuclear, solar, wind and hydro as well as biomass, PV, green hydrogen and hybrid systems. Recent projects include advising:
- a combined authority on its electrification strategy from policy through to implementation;
- on a complex hydro project (one of most significant of its kind) including advising the lending consortium;
- a joint venture in relation to a state-of-the-art solar project
- on drafting and negotiation of various commercial contracts in relation to downstream aspects (especially wholesale distribution) of major wind farm project.
A truly collaborative and national team
The team is spread nationally across the firm's network but they are ideally looking for candidates in the North in relation to this recruitment drive. So, whether you are based in the Northwest such as Manchester or Liverpool or in Yorkshire, we would be interested in speaking to you. Given the current climate, there has never been a more exciting (or more relevant) time to work in renewable energy.
Whether you already have experience within this sector or are looking gain experience in this area, please contact us to find out more.