- Michael Page Legal
- England, West Yorkshire, Leeds
- £20000 - £30000 per annum
- 21 Mar 2023
- 18 Apr 2023
- JN -042022-5426288
- Will Kendrick
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Property and Planning
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An opportunity exists for an experienced conveyancer to join a leading law Firm in Leeds.
Leeds solicitors specialising in Family Law, Conveyancing, Employment Law & other legal services.
This firm is an experienced, trusted team of solicitors, who care for and value their clients. Whatever help and advice you need, they will deliver the service you deserve and their aim is to provide cost-effective, tailored legal solutions, putting your best interests first.
Their dedicated team of Leeds solicitors are committed to giving our clients the support they need across many different areas of law.
They are proud to be one of the leading solicitors in Leeds, with an excellent and well-earned reputation for delivering sound, trusted advice to their many clients.
Experienced conveyancer required to assist the Property team continue to deliver high quality efficient service whilst also developing a standalone caseload and providing supervision of junior colleagues. This role is suitable for a Solicitor, FILEX, Licenced Conveyancer or someone with equivalent experience.
The role will involve handling a caseload of conveyancing transactions from inception through to completion, which will vary depending upon experience but will include:
Conveyancing Paralegal - Experience
- Minimum of 2 years conveyancing fee-earner experience managing own caseload of sale and purchase files from inception to completion
- Experience dealing with leasehold properties
- Experience using case management systems
- Use of Land Registry Portal
- Ability to identify risk and carry out effective risk assessment
- Excellent communicator with clients, colleagues and third parties.
- Capable of using diplomacy, tact and sensitivity when dealing with others
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Excellent English language skills
- To have the initiative and desire to be able to raise the firm's profile and recognise business opportunities
- Possess commercial awareness
- Ability to make timely and well considered decisions
- Competent at using MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, internet and email must be able to type own correspondence.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with figures
- Residential property law
- Land Registry practice and procedure
- CQS protocol and procedures
- Anti-Money Laundering Procedures
- Ability to inspire and motivate self and colleagues
- Commitment to continuous improvement and providing a high quality service
- Taking ownership for informed decisions and delivering quality outcomes
- High degree of personal integrity and commitment to fairness, diversity and equality
- Willingness to participate actively in training and development
- Genuine willingness and desire to progress themselves and the department/business they work within
- Professional appearance
- Experience of commercial property
- Marketing experience, particularly in relation to property
- Handling Remortgage and Transfer of Equity matters independently
- Use of FormEvo
- Managing caseload paperless or paper light.
Conveyancing Paralegal - Competitive salary, flexible working & a comprehensive benefits package.