- BCL Legal
- England, West Midlands, Birmingham
- £70000 - £78000 per annum
- 23 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Angharad Warren
- Job Title
- Professional Support Lawyer
- Practice Area
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Projects Practice Development Lawyer - 5+ PQE - 12 month ftc - leading international law firm. Birmingham/hybrid.
The Firm and the Role
The successful Projects Practice Development Lawyer will:
- Join a leading international projects and PDL team with strength across the Midlands.
- Enjoy a flexible alternative career away from fee earning.
- Support the firm's Projects practice group with a particular focus on infrastructure transactional projects - construction projects involving transport infrastructure (roads, rail, metros), social infrastructure (hospitals, schools, government buildings) and retail, commercial and residential buildings.
- Work alongside other PDLs focussing upon energy transactional projects, energy and infrastructure disputes, real estate development and banking and finance.
- Have a strong market-facing focus to work with the firms' client teams in engaging with clients and helping to develop the profile of the firm's sector Projects practice and Infrastructure Sector in Europe and the Middle East (EMEA) and identify opportunities to build the firm/team brand.
- There will be a secondary focus on internal knowledge management to help ensure lawyers are working efficiently with a clear view of "horizon watching" for new legal developments and market trends.
To be considered for this Projects Practice Development Lawyer position, you will have:
- 5+ years' PQE in projects or non-contentious construction relating to infrastructure projects (those with experience working as a PSL or PDL would be of particular interest but the role is also open to those wanting to move into this area from a fee earning background).
- Experience from a regional, national or international law firm or otherwise a technically strong in-house lawyer.
- Strong interest in business development and excellent client facing skills.
The successful Projects Practice Development Lawyer will be rewarded with:
- An intellectually challenging alternative legal career.
- Opportunity to work full or part time and flexibly.
- Hybrid home/office working.
- Highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Opportunity to join a highly successful and growing international law firm on a 12 month ftc.
If you are interested in this Projects Practice Development Lawyer role, please apply here or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for a confidential discussion.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.