- Gemini Recruitment
- London (City of), London (Greater)
- 24 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Title
- Practice Area
- Housing, Litigation, Property Litigation
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Role: Litigation Solicitor- City of London
Leading law firm looking to recruit dedicated and experienced Litigation Solicitor for highly sought permanent positon.
Gemini Recruitment are currently partnering with a large and established law firm. Our client serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our client’s accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm.
Our client holds the Investors in People Gold Accreditation Quality Standard Mark and is LEXCEL, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO 27001-2013 accredited and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Litigation Department background:
Our client’s Litigation department assist with a wide range of challenging and complex property dispute matters. Their team advise a broad range of clients including institutional landlords, developers and private individuals. The specialist practitioners understand the complexities of both commercial and residential disputes from all perspectives and ensure that the advice given is tailored to the specific needs of their clients.
Our client has expertise in the following areas:
- Landlords and tenant disputes
- Property Disrepair
- Party Wall and Boundary Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Right of Way disputes
- Construction Disputes
- Ownership of Property Disputes
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to Department Director
- Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs
- Responsible for all aspects of Litigation work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with file management.
Key Skills Required
- 2+ years contentious Litigation experience in private practice
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators is an advantage
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Litigation work an advantage as well as having the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with Litigation related work
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
About Gemini Recruitment:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If this sounds of interest apply now for one of our agents to contact you.