- Birchrose Associates
- England, London
- £28000 - £32000 per annum
- 24 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Emily Donnell
- Job Title
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Fantastic opportunity for a Casualty Paralegal to join a leading, Legal 500 recognised Defendant Personal Injury Department based in the city of London.
Our client is a leading, specialist defendant law firm who uphold an excellent reputation and is acknowledged as a leader in its sector.
The firm offer a full breadth of claims-related legal work, from high volume claims handling through to complex and high value litigation.
They pride themselves on providing innovative, high quality, specialist legal services to insurance companies, corporates, and public sector bodies and have done some for many years.
This progressive firm are seeking a Casualty Paralegal to join their highly successful, L500 recognised department.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious Paralegal looking to gain great exposure and learn from leading individuals in their field.
The new hire will be responsible for running a mixed value, defendant caseload of fast track EL/PL Claims, which will include:
- Fully investigating liability claims including the taking of CPR compliant witness statements to support the defense
- Gathering and analysing appropriate information in order to make the best business decision aligning with the total and/or partial resolution of Third Party's needs
- Working closely with Insurers, their Insureds and Corporate Clients providing technical advice and investigating risk management for the client
- Managing a high-volume caseload of claims, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems
- Handling and resolving complex technical cases or referrals and/or complaints
- Complying with SRA Accounts Rules and Rules of the Professional Conduct in accordance with company guidelines
- Pro-actively dealing with opponents in order to achieve overall key performance objectives
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with external institutions and organisations and participate as appropriate in CPD activities
The firm have a great culture and are huge on progression - they're committed to providing excellent career development opportunities through their very established progression pathways which are available across all levels of fee earner.
In particular, they regularly offer their Paralegals a Solicitor Apprenticeship which is fully funded and provides a clear pathway to qualifying as a Solicitor. This is only offered internally and thus, promoting the natural progression of all of their employees over external applicants.
- Experience in defending fast track El/PL Claims
- Can demonstrate experience handling Defendant litigation and post litigation claims
- Qualifying Law Degree or equivalent
- Qualifying Law Degree or equivalent
- Competitive salary with an annual pay review
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual season ticket loan (train/bus travel)
- Discounted retail, leisure, and education resources
- Great progression prospects
- Access to talent, knowledge and development training
To be considered for this opportunity please contact Birchrose Associates for a confidential discussion.
Birchrose Associates, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.