Costs Draftsperson / Negotiator
- England, Merseyside, Liverpool
- £30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits
- 29 Mar 2023
- 26 Apr 2023
- Tony Seymour
- Job Title
- Law Costs Draftsman
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Costs Draftsperson / Costs Negotiator / High-value complex costs / Clinical Negligence - to £45,000
Costs Negotiator / Costs Draftsperson - Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds
Costs Negotiator / Draftsperson - Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds (UK) - This is an award-winning costs team which works in-house with a top 100 national law firm. The team is looking for costs fee earners as various levels as the team continues to grow and develop.
The roles offer exposure to a full range of technical costs work ranging from high-value clinical negligence to commercial insurance work and specialist areas such as costs matters arising from complex pieces of commercial litigation including shipping / marine work.
- Job title: Costs Negotiator / Draftsperson
- Location: Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds
- Salary: £25,000 - £45,000
- Reports to: Partner
- Work pattern: Hybrid
- Previous Experience: Good technical understanding of costs work whether having worked in a private costs firm or in-house with a law firm.
Mix of quality costs work from personal injury to commercial litigation
Costs drafters and negotiators advise on the full gamut of complex, high-value medical negligence work. This includes high-value costs work arising out of birth injuries eg cerebral palsy and spina bifida cases.
In addition, there is also a good spread of commercial litigation work including niche areas such as shipping litigation. In many ways, the team offers the kind of range of costs work which is difficult to find elsewhere.
Previous experience should include:
- experience working as a costs draftsperson handling your own caseload including experience of preparing detailed costs estimates and security for costs applications
- able to provide dedicated costs support for litigation lawyers across several UK and international offices.
- responsible for the management of a complex, high-value caseload. For example, the successful candidates will be drafting and considering costs estimates in arbitration and high court disputes, schedules of costs, bills of costs/budgets, negotiating costs to settlement and preparing costs submissions in arbitration proceedings
- expected to conduct an element of advocacy work.
- able to attend at CCMCs
Ambitious growth strategy
The national costs team of this leading firm is looking to expand across a number of office locations. The team works on a hybrid work pattern offering flexibility to colleagues in the various teams based throughout the national network.
The collaborative way in which the national costs team operates also offers the opportunity for members of the team to gain access to the full range of costs work on offer.
If you are interested in finding out more, please do not hesitate to get in touch.