A leading FTSE 250 retailer is seeking an NQ commercial lawyer to join the team as Legal Counsel at their Head Office in Northampton.
Reporting directly to the Head of Corporate and Commercial Services, this role sits within a large, established team and provides commercial legal advice to the various businesses and central functions in the Group.
Key responsibilities for Legal Counsel include:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contract for the numerous businesses in the group;
- Providing legal advice to the Group's central functions and answering any ad hoc queries;
- Assisting with contentious disputes;
- Preparing and delivering training to the non-legal teams;
- Building and maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders and management; and
- Instructing and managing the group's external legal panel when necessary.
You will be a UK-qualified lawyer with experience in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts. You will have a strong desire to work in-house and have the commercial acumen to provide clear, succinct legal advice to the various parts of the Group, as well as the communication skills and confidence to advise all levels of management on key legal issues.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.