Cross-border Maritime litigation, ambitious int. firm, 6+
Our client is an ambitious and growing international law firm with offices across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US.
They're renowned for a deep understanding of their clients' markets, and their dispute resolution group works across the sector specialisms to represent clients in high value, complex commercial disputes. They have a track record of success in all forms of dispute resolution and are particularly well-regarded for their maritime practice, which advises a global client base in contentious and non-contentious matters.
Due to the continued success and growth of their dispute resolution team, they are now looking for an additional Senior Associate to focus primarily on cross-border shipping-related matters. This is one of the most interesting dispute resolution teams in the city and the work is cross-border, complex, demanding, and rewarding.
To be considered for a role in this very highly regarded team, you will have
- Excellent academics
- Training and most likely at least 6 years' post-qualification experience in shipping litigation from a well-regarded City or international law firm, including specifically:
- Experience of LMAA Arbitration including drafting submissions;
- Experience of UK High Court proceedings;
- Experience of instructing lawyers outside the UK for arrest of ships;
- Experience in carriage of goods disputes including Charterparties, Bills of Lading, and COAs.
- Strong legal and analytical skills, a proactive and confident attitude and a high level of initiative;
- Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills;
- Language skills would be very highly regarded.
To discuss this opportunity and others we are handling, please send your CV in complete confidence to David Von Dadelszen.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit