Derivatives Lawyers, 2-4PQE, Global Law Firm, London
Our client, a leading global law firm, is looking to hire a mid-level associate to join its ranked derivatives practice based in London. The team work on a diverse array of derivatives transactions, including both over the counter (OTC) and exchange-traded markets. You will have the opportunity to work with both sell-side and buy-side clients, allowing you to develop a broad skill set.
- Transactional support: You will provide expert legal advice and support on a variety of derivatives transactions, including over the counter (OTC) derivatives, futures, options, and structured products. You will work closely with clients to structure, negotiate, and draft bespoke derivatives contracts, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Documentation and negotiation: You will be responsible for reviewing and analysing complex derivatives documentation, including ISDA agreements, master agreements, collateral agreements, and clearing documentation.
- Regulatory compliance: You will stay up to date with the ever-evolving regulatory landscape and ensure clients' compliance with relevant derivatives regulations, including EMIR, MiFID II, and other applicable rules and guidelines.
- 2-4 years of PQE as a qualified lawyer in England & Wales with substantial experience in derivatives transactions.
- Strong academic background and a deep understanding of derivatives markets, products, and documentation.
- Experience gained at a rival City law firm or in-house within the financial services industry.
- Extensive knowledge of derivatives regulations and familiarity with regulatory frameworks such as EMIR and MiFID II.
Our client offers a competitive salary package, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive environment that fosters professional growth and advancement.
To apply with your details or discuss your current situation confidentially, please get in touch with Thiago Silva.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit