Legal Director, Commercial Property for Renewables
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Director for a fast-growing entrepreneurial business working in the renewable energy sector. This is a key role and highly respected position within the business. You will work as a member of the senior leadership team and be closely involved in the strategic direction of the business.
The role will be particularly involved in renewable projects including battery and solar. As the Legal Director you will liaise with landowners or their agents and lead negotiations, drafting relevant contracts including option, lease agreements, review title documents and provide reports on titles etc.
We are looking for:
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive in England & Wales or Scotland with minimum of 4 years PQE
- Strong commercial property experience including working on land matters, and knowledge of lease and option agreements
- Experience in renewable energy projects is preferred
- Self-sufficient, displaying lots of initiative and a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player within a small, fast-paced environment
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise competing demands and priorities and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, taking a methodical approach
Package on Offer:
- Attractive base salary – negotiable
- Pension contribution
- Project investment opportunities
This role can be done remotely but some office presence is required in the Yorkshire or Scottish office each month.
Part-time, 4 day working week would be considered.
If you are interested in this Legal Director position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on.
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.