Catastrophic Injury Solicitor / Fee Earner
Catastrophic Injury / Large Loss Fee earner - Solicitor, Legal Executive or Litigation Executive
Catastrophic Injury Solicitor / Fee Earner - Liverpool
Catastrophic Injury / Large Loss - Liverpool - The successful candidate will work directly with a Partner advising a number of key clients of the firm. They should ideally demonstrate solid experience in complex injury or technical multi track work and have a mix of EL/PL and RTA experience. One of the other key aspects of the role is the career progression platform which has been specifically designed to progress colleagues through the team.
- Job Title: Solicitor, Legal Executive or Litigation Executive
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £39,000 to £44,000
- Work pattern: hybrid / remote working
- Reports to: Partner
- Expertise: Candidates should demonstrate defendant insurance experience though claimant experience will potentially be considered, depending on the candidate.
Profile of ideal applicant
Our client is looking for:
- Technical excellence, yet also the ability to be commercial and seek the best solution in often challenging circumstances.
- Ideally a defendant background, but it should be stressed, claimant candidates are also being considered for this role depending on experience.
- Strong team players and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
High-value, complex injury work arising from broad range of EL/PL and RTA matters
This is an award-winning catastrophic injury and large loss team of a major insurance litigation firm. The department focuses exclusively on high-value injury work arising from RTA and EL/PL matters. The successful candidate will work in an assisting capacity with an experienced Partner. Whilst the Partner will ultimately set strategy, you will be involved in all aspects of the file.
Duties will include:
- Progressing a varied caseload of complex RTA and EL/PL cases involving anything from brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation to fatal claims.
- Liaising and building relationships with sophisticated insurer clients.
- Assisting the Partner by drafting technical advice covering analysis on reserves, indemnity, liability, quantum and causation issues as well as claims resolution.
- Interviewing witnesses and drafting statements and other court documents including pleadings and applications
- Instructing counsel and attending conferences, JSMs, mediations both remotely and in person.
- Attend court in person or by telephone, attend trials, settlement conferences etc as required.
- Manage and delegate tasks to a Paralegal in the team whilst assisting with their technical development.
Taking your career further
One of the outstanding aspects of this role is the career progression platform on offer. The progression framework has been designed to advance candidates as soon as they are able through a transparent and achievable framework.
The framework is discussed with all candidates at interview, enabling you to gain a real insight as to what your role will look like at the firm.
A truly exciting opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity for any developing catastrophic injury lawyer to work alongside one of the leading names in the sector.
If you wish to know more, please do not hesitate to apply.