A global investment company offering capital and transaction advice to tech start ups, entrepreneurs and founders across the globe. The company has a track record of success, has backed a number of well known unicorn tech companies, and the leadership has ambitious plans to significantly grow revenue and head count, and to establish new business lines and a presence in new jurisdictions.
The legal department is based in Manchester and the company operates a hybrid working model.
Role - Legal Counsel:
Reporting to the Head of Legal, and working alongside the existing Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing legal support, advice and solutions to key stakeholders in the UK and overseas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements including engagement letters, confidentiality agreements and commercial contracts;
- Confidently project managing external advisers, strategic projects, current initiatives and the busy and fast paced internal workload;
- Be responsible for reporting to the business and executives on key legal issues / terms;
- Confidently conduct reviews of commercial contracts and negotiate improved terms;
- Prepare and deliver training on key legal and compliance topics to the rest of the business;
- Assist with company secretarial tasks - writing board minutes, filing statutory forms, reviewing articles of association etc;
- Undertake other ad hoc tasks as required.
The Head of department is open to applications from solicitors looking to move in-house for the first time, making this an excellent first in-house role.
About you - key attributes:
It is anticipated that the Legal Counsel will have circa 0-4 years' PQE in commercial law, and possess a passion and interest in technology, and working with start-up companies and entrepreneurs. Existing in-house experience is advantageous but not essential.
Package and Benefits:
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary plus bonus, pension, healthcare, dental, gym membership and the opportunity to purchase equity.
An element of home working is on offer although it is important that you do have office time to meet colleagues, build relationships and learn about the business. An element of business travel should also be expected from time to time.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.