Kennedys is looking for an experienced Associate based in Cambridge/Birmingham to work in our Medical Law team on Court of Protection cases, particularly medical treatment decisions; healthcare advisory, mental health and capacity matters; inquests; and Judicial Reviews.
This is a great opportunity to join our highly reputable healthcare Division, ranked in the top tier for Defendant Clinical Negligence in both Chambers and Legal 500.
The Healthcare division advise the NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts and medical malpractice insurers of private hospitals, clinics and practitioners on EL/PL and clinical negligence claims.
The Medical Law Group advise on medical treatment decisions, working with NHS Trusts on cases of the utmost sensitivity. We work on Court of Protection matters; child and adult safeguarding cases; DOLs; capacity and consent issues. We represent clients at inquests and judicial reviews. The team have a presence across our London, Cambridge, Birmingham, Sheffield and some of our global offices.
- NHS Healthcare Trusts and CCGs
- Primary Care Networks
- Insured healthcare practitioners
- Independent hospital groups and practitioners
- Medical malpractice insurers and their insured Hospitals and healthcare providers
- NHS Resolution
- A wide range of very high profile Medical Law advisory matters, including obtaining declarations to treat patients; child protection matters; mental health law advice; mental capacity law advice; deprivation of liberty matters; and healthcare inquests.
- 3+ years' UK relevant experience.*
- Good knowledge and expertise in Court of Protection for urgent healthcare declaration cases, Mental Capacity Law, Mental Health Law, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and Inquests
- Both patient and hospital backgrounds will be considered.