In-house Litigation Legal Exec (CILEx) - Leeds
1 day left
- Part Time
One of the most recognised travel organisations in the country have an opportunity for a Legal Executive (qualified through the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives) to join their Holiday Claims team in Leeds. Currently, my client is looking for an individual prepared to work on 3 days per week in a hybrid role, however there is the potential at some stage in the future for this role to extend to 4 days per week.
My client's team deal with injury and illness claims relating to incidents that have taken place whilst individuals have been on holiday. The successful candidate will work closely with the General Manager for Regulatory and Litigation matters and will work very closely with the wider legal team.
Candidates of interest to my client will be legal executives with good experience and wide-ranging understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules and the claims handling process. More specifically, any candidates who also have experience with handling personal injury claims (either Claimant or Defendant) will be of interest as this particular set of expertise would be very useful for the work my client undertakes.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Analysing and making decisions on pre- and post-litigation claims
- Providing support to the wider claims team and undertaking reviews of drafted Defences, Schedules of Loss and instructions to external experts etc.
- Undertaking detailed investigations in relation to costs and engaging in any required and appropriate negotiations.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with brokers, insurers and associated loss adjustors.
- Providing direct support to the General Manager when it comes to serious notifications (e. serious/catastrophic injury / outbreaks) and engaging with other areas of the business (e. Risk and Safety, Overseas, Insurers etc).
- Providing training across all areas of the business and occasionally arranging externally provided training for the team's further development.
This role can offer some great benefits which includes hybrid working with my client's office days being Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. This role also qualifies for my client's bonus scheme (which would be paid pro rata). There is the option to buy and sell annual leave in addition to great discounts available for holidays / travel.
For further information about this role, please contact Samuel Higgins at Hays Legal.
Apply for In-house Litigation Legal Exec (CILEx) - Leeds
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly