FTC In-house Claims Handler (Leeds)
My client is one of the UK's most well-known travel organisations. Due to an upturn in recent claims activity, there are a number of fixed-term opportunities available within their Legal Services team, initially for a period of 5 months and with the potential for these roles to extend further.
Based in Leeds, the role initially will require full attendance in the office, however once successful candidates are up and running this has the potential to turn into a hybrid role with a total of 3 days working from home and 2 in the office.
The role itself will involve the handling of flight delay claims under EC Regulation 261/2004). Candidates do not need to be fully versed with all knowledge on this subject area as training will be provided by the existing team. More specifically, duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Payment of compensation in accordance with the Regulation;
- Providing responses to solicitors, customers and other third parties on pre-action letters that relate to ineligible claims;
- Being fully equipped and understanding of my client's procedures, legal obligations and terms/conditions;
- Feeding back to the business as required; and
- Providing consistent and excellent communication both internally and externally.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking for a good experience of working in a busy legal environment and to get exposure to handling extremely important claims which involve great care and attention to detail. Candidates applying for these positions will need to be confident and effective communicators both verbally and in written form and must also be capable of working well as part of a team and under pressure.
For further information about these roles, please contact Samuel Higgins at Hays Legal.
Apply for FTC In-house Claims Handler (Leeds)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly