Housing Management 2PQE+ (Birmingham)
Housing Management Solicitor - Birmingham
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a UK-Top 100 firm for a Solicitor to join one of the largest housing practices in the country. This will be a key appointment for the firm, with the successful candidate taking a lead on the delivery of contentious housing management services.
This is a leading national firm with a strong reputation across all disciplines. This housing team is a national practice, but the position will be based in the firm's Birmingham office. They have an excellent track record of delivering high quality advice nationally and growth is set to continue, with a number of major tender wins to add to an already stellar client base across the country.
In addition to a supportive and inclusive employer the newly appointed Housing Management Solicitor will benefit from:
· A competitive starting salary + comprehensive benefits package
· Bonus scheme
· Flexible/Agile Working
· Private healthcare
· Access to the firms in-house training academy providing great opportunities for personal and professional development
· The opportunity to work for a firm that places the professional and personal wellbeing of its employees at the forefront of everything.
· The chance to work for a firm that is accredited by the best companies to work for registration programme.
Running a high quality litigation caseload, anti-social behaviour, residential possession claims, civil injunctions and housing disrepair for a range of clients including registered providers, local authorities, charities, NHS bodies, higher education institutions, care home providers and private landlords.
The role will involve responsibility for your own caseload, with some support available from Paralegals as well as working closely with the Partners and other Lawyers. For those of you who have an interest in growing business from existing clients as well as targeting and attracting new clients there could also be an opportunity to develop this.
Providing comprehensive Advice on rent reviews, rent policy and rent controls
Advising on local housing allowances and recovery of rent and service charges
Advising on service charges including section 20, consultation and procurement
Offering Advice on homelessness law, policy and regulation.
Providing support to the governance team on tenancy agreements and policies and advising on the consequences of transactions on residents, including consultation and notification requirements.
Providing an elevated level of strategic advice on current and emerging housing law, regulation and policy.
· 2+ PQE
· Ability to demonstrate you're technically proficient in housing management work
· Previous experience either in house/local government or in private practice
· Experience of advising landlords on contentious housing law
· Good technical understanding of current and emerging housing law, regulation and policy
· A passion for providing exceptional legal support to housing providers
· A keenness to work collaboratively
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer