Solicitor Advocate or Barrister
Solicitor / Solicitor Advocate / Barrister - Insurance Litigation - to £50,000 - qualified candidates only. Barristers must have completed pupillage / period of recognised training
Solicitor Advocate or Barrister - Liverpool or Coventry - remote working from other locations also available
Solicitor / Solicitor Advocate / Barrister - This leading advocacy team is looking to recruit a qualified Barrister or Solicitor Advocate to handle a range of work from personal injury (including complex injury) to commercial insurance work including complex property liability work and other areas of subrogated loss including large loss.
- Job Title: Solicitor / Solicitor Advocate / Barrister
- Location: Liverpool or Coventry - remote working from other locations permitted
- Salary: to £50,000
- Working pattern: Hybrid
- Reports to: Partner
- Previous Experience: Candidates must be qualified Solicitors or Barristers. Good insurance litigation experience such as RTA, EL/PL, Costs, Credit Hire, Insurance Fraud experience will be considered. Any experience in areas of commercial insurance litigation such as professional indemnity and other complex areas would also be welcomed. NB, if you are a solicitor, you do not necessarily need rights of audience. Training and development will be provided.
Candidates must be qualified having completed training contract or pupillage
This is a well-established in-house chambers of a leading national law firm. You will develop your advocacy experience whilst having the opportunity to develop your own specialisms and niche areas. If you are a qualified Solicitor Advocate or Barrister or a Solicitor with a keen interest in advocacy, we would like to hear from you.
Multiple roles at various levels of experience
There are multiple advocacy roles within this team. The exact level at which you will advise, will be informed by your experience. However, as a general rule, all the roles will have certain duties in common:
- a focus on advocacy work;
- drafting and advisory work including settling pleadings for complex cases;
- interlocutory hearings, small claims trials, fast track trials, CCMCs,
- sanctions (including private prosecution)
- mentoring less experienced advocates
- delivering training
Everything from general personal injury to highly complex large loss
The work undertaken by the team varies hugely from general personal injury work, insurance fraud and credit hire, to complex, technical work which was previously outsourced to external Chambers. For instance, the team now handles advocacy work relating to catastrophic injury matters and other areas of complex injury.
The team also undertakes high-value commercial insurance litigation including professional indemnity and property damage as well as other areas of complex subrogated loss.
Structure and nature of team
Headed up by an experienced Barrister, the team is run in a similar fashion to a traditional Chambers. The team offers colleagues a considerable degree of freedom to evolve and grow their own practice with the security of a steady flow of work. Members of the team are encouraged to explore the areas on which they wish to focus and develop niche specialisms which reflect the key areas of the firm. The firm has been growing this offering for some time, but is now entering an exciting time in its evolution. The team is keen to meet with Barristers or Solicitor Advocates. They are also keen to speak with Solicitors who may not have higher rights but are interested in pursuing an advocacy career.
A true passion for advocacy is the key. The team are willing to invest and develop anyone looking to grow their career as a Barrister or Solicitor Advocate. Experience in insurance fraud; general personal injury; EL/PL; costs; Large Loss and/or professional negligence would be highly attractive to the hiring managers. Trial experience would be preferred, but is by no means necessary.
If you are looking for a new challenge with a truly dynamic and engaging team, please do not hesitate to apply.
Apply for Solicitor Advocate or Barrister
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly