Construction Solicitor (Non-contentious)
Construction Solicitor (Non-contentious) 1+ PQE - Leeds
An award-winning national firm is in an exciting period of growth and is looking for a Non-Contentious Construction Solicitor to join their national team, based in the Leeds office. This is a great opportunity to join a leading team with a strong reputation across the UK, acting for some of the best-known names in the industry.
This is a UK-Top 50 firm with an outstanding reputation nationally. They have won a number of awards, including 'The Times Best Law Firms' as well as recognition for their equality, social mobility and wellbeing initiatives. The firm has an open and collaborative culture, with these traits deeply embedded in their values.
The national Construction & Engineering team cover all aspects of the built environment and process plant including infrastructure, residential and commercial buildings, retail, offices, logistics and production facilities. Clients include some of the best-known names in the indus0try to include public and private sector employers contractors, sub-contractors, funds and consultants. This is a highly regarded team with high quality work where no two days will be the same.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and amending building & engineering contracts including all versions of the JCT suite of contracts, NEC and institutional forms of contract and MF/1 forms of Contracts.
- Drafting and amendments of consultant's appointments from industry standard to bespoke), warranties, bonds, guarantees, development & funding agreements, agreement for leases, novation agreements and ancillary project documentation.
- To work to a consistently high level and to provide an excellent level of client service and care.
- To contribute actively toward business development opportunities to ensure the retention of existing clients and expansion of business.
- Qualified Solicitor with at least 1 years' PQE
- Experience gained within an established construction practice
- Exceptional IT skills and confidence using case management systems
- A strong commercial acumen and a great understanding of the industry
- The team will also consider applicants who wish to retrain into construction from other disciplines
They offer a highly competitive salary from c. £58k upwards and a substantial benefits package including a firm-wide bonus scheme and hybrid working, ideally with 2/3 days in the office per week.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Construction Solicitor (Non-contentious)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly