Risk & Compliance Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for a Risk & Compliance Officer to join a nationally recognised law firm and join the office based in Kent. This role offers a candidate the opportunity to build on their existing knowledge of AML, Conflicts, SRA and various CDD via working closely with senior members in their risk and compliance team.
- Collecting and reviewing CDD for new clients and undertaking CDD.
- Carrying out in-depth research in respect of clients and matters.
- Undertaking periodic reviews of PEPs using various sources.
- Providing guidance to fee-earners in relation to source of funds for transactional matters.
- Analysing potential conflicts of interest, by using conflicts database searches.
- Being alert to conflicts and ensuring these are handled appropriately.
- Managing the resolution of conflict issues until escalation to the senior analysts is required.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the SRA Standards and Regulations
- Ensuring the firm complies with its Compliance and AML/CFT legal regulatory obligations.
- Handling and dealing with enquiries from fee earners and support staff.
- At least 1 year of experience within a similar compliance role.
- Preferably a degree qualification in law, with an interest in pursuing a career in compliance.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles we are handling, please contact Solomon Cairns.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit