This is an exciting opportunity for a compliance professional to gain a broad range of experience within the risk and compliance space at a law firm.
A boutique London-based law firm with an excellent reputation within the legal market.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the firm's compliance function, in support of the COLP and senior partners
- Staying up-to-date with recent SRA guidelines and ensuring the firm's compliance with such on an ongoing basis
- Conduct AML, Conflicts and general risk checks on new clients and matters
- Respond to solicitor's queries and advise the firm on general compliance matters
- Deliver firm-wide training for new joiners and existing colleagues on compliance
- Renew the firm's insurance policies (professional indemnity, management liability, cyber security)
- Act as the point of contact for external and regulatory authorities such as the SRA, Law Society, the firm's brokers and insurers
- Renew solicitors SRA practising certificates
- Support the Complaint Partners with investigations, prepare letters and responses, liaise with the Legal Ombudsman
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a compliance role, ideally within a legal setting.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, eager to learn and have the ability to take their own initiative and work autonomously.
The role of compliance officer is an exciting opportunity for a compliance professional to join a boutique law firm and gain a vast range of experience within this space. The firm will offer full training and support, along with hybrid working.