In House Property Litigator - 2 or 3 days a week - London or Essex based
The successful candidate will be joining the in-house legal team of a private equity and national property group. The company is a large freeholder, residential landlord and has various other business interests both in the UK and US. The successful candidate will join a team encompassing two solicitors and a strong support structure including paralegal and secretarial support. The role offers varied and interesting work across the group with the autonomy to take ownership of matters and run negotiations
- Acting on all litigation matters within the Group
- Managing a caseload of both pre-litigated and formally litigated matters including but not limited to:
-Applications made under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 & Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
-Claims made pertaining to service charge, insurance, breach of lease, disrepair and all other matters pertaining to the client’s ownership of a large property portfolio
- Residential and commercial property possession claims
-Commercial litigation for group companies
-The emerging field of Building Safety Act and Defective Premises Act claims
- Managing a caseload of property matters including but not limited to Deeds of Variation, Licences & sales
- Managing a caseload of Right to Manage matters
- Managing a caseload of Forfeiture matters
- Providing litigation and commercial advice on all aspects of the Group’s activities
- Other matters commensurate with the role and as required.
- Relevant property litigation experience in a reputable firm and an excellent grounding in the same.
- Private Practice experience is a must.
- A minimum of 5 years Post Qualification Experience is desirable however candidates with less PQE will be considered if an exceptional application is made
- Commercial awareness, strong communication skills and solutions focused advice are essential
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage a busy workload are required
- Knowledge of enfranchisement matters would be advantageous but not essential
Apply for In House Property Litigator - 2 or 3 days a week - London or Essex based
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly