Grade 7 Qualified Lawyer | London
Those with less than 3 years' PQE will receive £47,541 until they reach 3 years' PQE or complete one year of service, whichever comes sooner. Please note that the salary is non-negotiable.
GLD has successfully secured an enhanced pay offer for lawyers. This multi-year deal means that, in addition to the salary offered to Grade 7 lawyers in this qualified lawyer campaign, there will be a further increase next year. In April 2024, the minimum Grade 7 lawyer salary will be £61,200.
The Government Legal Department is the leading provider of legal services across the government. We play a crucial role in a wide range of areas, from energy to security, health to human rights, shaping legislation that has a profound impact on people's lives. Our aim is to be an exceptional legal organization, dedicated to the highest standards of service and professionalism. We are committed to creating a nurturing work environment where you can achieve your full potential.
Why Choose Us:
- Meaningful Work: As a Grade 7 Qualified Lawyer, you will be responsible for drafting legislation, offering legal advice on policies, and safeguarding the government's economic interests.
- Wide Geographic Reach: Our offices span across major cities such as London, Leeds, Manchester, and Bristol, giving you the opportunity to work in various locations.
- Diverse Expertise: You will be exposed to a range of legal areas, including Litigation, Employment, Commercial Law, and more, enhancing your breadth of knowledge and skills.
- Modern Civil Service: Join us in shaping the future through our transformation agenda, as we modernize the way legal services are delivered.
These are permanent positions. We offer flexible working arrangements such as full-time, part-time, or job-share options. Some roles may require occasional travel, including to Brussels.
To be eligible, applicants must be qualified to practice as a Solicitor, Barrister, or Chartered Legal Executive in England and Wales. Alternatively, you should be on track to qualify within 3 months from the application date. Experience in a training contract, pupillage, qualifying employment, or exemption from these requirements as recognized by the Law Society, the Bar Council, or CILEx is required.
Application Deadline: This vacancy will close on November 27th 2023, at noon.
Come along to our Qualified Lawyers Recruitment Open Evenings: These virtual sessions aim to engage potential applicants by providing insight into various GLD divisions such as Employment, Advisory, Litigation & Commercial. It is also an opportunity to hear from our Senior Leaders and other Lawyers.
- Wednesday, November 15th, at 5:30 pm-7 pm