Legal and CoSec Assistant
At WebN Group (WebN) we incubate Web3 business ideas targeting institutional clients that have the potential to develop into successful companies. We support ideas from inception to scale up and beyond. We do that by offering support in every aspect of starting and managing a business. Our team comprises of individuals with deep knowledge of financial services and Web3 technology.
WebN is majority owned by Alan Howard, who is the majority owner of Brevan Howard, a global asset manager and WebN was formed in late 2021. The team has already incubated a number of businesses such as Twinstake, a non-custodial staking services provider, and TruFin an institutional liquid staking protocol. In addition to business incubation, WebN has a portfolio of investments in pre-seed, seed and Series A investments, with a particular focus on projects utilising zero-knowledge proof technology.
About the role
We are seeking a highly organized and enthusiastic individual to join our London-based team as a legal and cosec assistant on a permanent basis. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and compliant operation of our group, assisting with various company secretarial, corporate governance and legal requirements. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work within a dynamic, fast-paced and professional environment, supporting the efficient functioning of the organisation. WebN is headquartered in Jersey and the group has a presence in a number of jurisdictions offering significant cross-border experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for undertaking company secretarial duties, maintaining statutory registers and updating records as/when needed, liaising with external service providers and supporting the legal team. You will assist the legal team in ensuring that the Group stays up to date with applicable legislation and that its shareholders’ rights and duties are managed appropriately.
This role requires a hands-on approach, taking ownership of organising the company’s board and shareholder meetings, complying with notice requirements and submitting board packs. Also, you will be responsible for producing board minutes and other shareholder reports and documents as/when required.
You will receive training and supervision from the legal and compliance team as well as regular interaction with the wider WebN business.
What you're good at:
Company Secretarial Support:
- Provide comprehensive support for all company secretarial matters across the business including maintaining all corporate registers across the group
- Lead on the preparation, filing, and maintenance of statutory records and documentation
- Assist in the coordination, preparation, circulation, and maintenance of board and committee meetings, agendas, minutes, resolutions, and related documentation
- Assist in the preparation and filing of various statutory returns, including annual returns and declarations
- Monitor compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and corporate policies
Legal and Compliance Support:
- Assist the legal team with transaction management including preparing and updating document lists, drafting transaction documents and managing completion processes.
- Assist the legal team with research on topics relevant to WebN’s businesses, Web3 and regulatory developments.
- Assist with compliance activities including KYC onboarding processes for external parties and internal compliance policies and monitoring.
- Maintain an organised and up-to-date filing system for all company secretarial and legal documentation
- Ensure confidentiality and proper storage of sensitive information
- Assist in the coordination and execution of document signing and notarisation processes
- Conduct regular audits of corporate records to ensure accuracy and completeness
What you bring:
- Proven experience in a professional environment, ideally within a group of companies or a professional services firm
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records and documentation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and quick to learn additional applications such as Adobe, DocuSign etc
- Discretion and a high level of professionalism in handling confidential information
- Relevant qualifications, such as ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators), law degree or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), LPC (Legal Practice Course) or studying for the SQE (Solicitors Qualification Exam), would be desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in crypto/Web3 is preferred